Multiplica Talent is looking for a talented Head of Design for a multinational retail corporation.
Head of Design for Mexico establishes and drives the overall strategy for design, research and execution of our e-commerce properties. This is a senior-level role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise, and business sense required. This role will be a key leader on our team and a peer to the heads of product management and technology.
You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a laser-like customer focus, a data-driven approach to design, and awareness of current and best practices for mobile and online UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to drive design solutions with minimal direction.
• Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring a team of 10-15 associates across design, research and content.
• Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a design team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions.
• Juggle many objectives, as a consistent champion for the customer.
• Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies.
• Drive multi-channel user experience strategy and innovation with successful delivery of product roadmaps across 5 platforms & 4 brands
• Identify the need for analysis of customer behavior changes (for example, spikes in sales, revenues, traffic, abandonment, engagement)
• Gain strategic alignment within and across the organization
• Manage and approve prototypes, specification documentation and style guides.
• Provide overall design direction & full hands-on design work as needed, iteratively creating interaction flows, wireframes, visual, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications.
• Present design work to UX, Business, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership and gain buy in on proposed approach
• Involves 30% travel
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, Design, Communications, English, Writing, or related field and 7 years user experience design or related field OR 10 years’ experience in user experience design or related field.
• 2 years of supervisory experience.
• Masters Degree in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Architecture, Business, or related field.
• 8 years experience in software design or related field.
• 6 years experience in eCommerce or related field.
• 2 years experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
• 2 years experience designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies such as AJAX, Ruby on Rails, or related skill.
• Fluent in English and Spanish
- Opportunity lo lead the strategy of design for the operations in Mexico
- Highly attractive salary
- Excellent benefits package