We are looking to hire senior engineers who aren’t afraid of getting their hands dirty at a high growth startup. We operate with a hacker mindset where we move fast (and try not to break things). You will have the opportunity to work across many different applications, tools, and problem domains:
- Internal applications which manage and automate our logistics and operations — think of Uber’s god mode, as well as monitoring and problem resolution tools for our customer service representatives
- Mobile applications, such as our ordering, driver and merchant apps
- Web and mobile web frontends
- And lots of action-packed backend services to power everything!
You’ll be working on some of these tools with product management and the teams that actually use them. This provides an amazing feedback loop. Hence, we value leaders who can truly “own” their projects, who can be described as “self-starters” and aren’t afraid to take initiative to make things better. And who can . Just don’t go rewriting the entire thing in React 😉
Our platform is written primarily in PHP’s Symfony framework with MySQL. On the frontend, we use BackboneJS, jQuery, and Twig. Some other notable shoutouts include: Memcached, Gearman for a distributed job queue, and WebSockets for real time communication.
We are a small team of developers built around a remote-first culture. We value shipping features over long boring meetings, and often have the opportunity to independently architect and implement problems at hand. Yet, everyone is a message or a call away on Slack, and we all love and encourage collaboration.
Team communication is usually ad hoc, with a few standups to provide a glimpse of what everyone is working on and foster progress without the pressure and time inefficiency of scheduled meetings. We also have QA and code review process which strive to maintain a good standard of code and encourage developer growth.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Great English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Experience with developing and debugging in LAMP environments
- Experience with PHP, Symfony, and Doctrine
- Experience with MySQL
Nice to Have
- Experience working in remote teams
- Experience with distributed job queues (e.g. Gearman)
- Experience with WebSockets
Working from home
Opportunity to grow with the company and learn a lot