Are you a Fit?
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Golang: mid level Go language experience is required.
- Clean code: clean code practices like knowing how to name things, separate functionality into clear defined functions, and overall good knowledge of software architecture principles and design patterns.
- Unit testing: general experience with unit testing, using dependency injection to avoid test dependencies and facilitate mocking.
- Git/Github: The code is stored in github, and working with a team with many people, so basic knowledge as well as how to merge/rebase from conflicting branches is desired. Also it may need to know how to set an SSH key to connect to the remote repository.
- Comfortability learning new technologies.
- Experience using basic data structures, such as Hash Tables, Lists, Dictionaries, Arrays, and Stacks.
- General knowledge of Design and Architecture of web-based products.
- A team-player mindset to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- A consulting mindset to deal with ambiguous requests.
- Advanced English communication skills.
Nice to Haves:
Some nice-to-have qualities that will further help you are:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- Familiarity with computer science algorithms and data structures to optimize solutions.
- Hands-on knowledge of working in an Agile environment.
- AWS: experience working with AWS services. In particular with ECS, SQS, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch. We use terraform to deploy services to AWS.
- Logging: splunk is used to store logs, so a good knowledge on what constitutes a good logging system or how to write splunk queries or how to search logs is desired.
Beneficios Legales y Extralegales